- - Bangor, Maine
- Per Diem
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtaining vitals and patient histories
- Testing: vision, audiometers, drug screens, breath alcohol, EKGs, pulmonary function testing, Phlebotomy and corresponding paperwork/computer work for lab tests ordered
- Injections: subcutaneous, intradermal and intramuscular and accurate completion of pertinent paperwork
- Point of care testing: strep, drug screens, mono, glucose, influenza, Urine pregnancy, Urinalysis
- Sterile technique with trauma patients, instrument cleaning and sterilization
- Assisting in scheduling ancillary appointments for patients
- Assisting providers with exams and testing (pelvic exams, eye irrigations and ear irrigations, I&Ds, Joint injection preparation, and casting/splinting preparation)
- Maintaining confidentiality with all patient information
- Participating in patient call‐backs and follow‐up
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Prefers two years of experience
- Licensed RN, urgent care clinic or ED experience preferred
- BLS certification.
- Must be able to work 12hr shifts.
ConvenientMD is a full‐service, provider staffed urgent care group offering high‐quality and affordable medical care for a broad scope of illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. No appointment is needed; patients can just walk‐in from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. The company has a friendly staff providing a consumer‐centric experience. ConvenientMD clinics always have an experienced provider on site in state‐of‐the‐art facilities equipped with digital x‐ray, lab, ECG and IV.