- - Dover, New Hampshire
- Full Time and Per Diem
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtaining vitals and patient histories
- Testing: vision, audiometers, drug screens, breath alcohol, EKGs, pulmonary function testing, nerve conduction screens, Phlebotomy and corresponding paperwork/computer work for lab tests ordered
- Injections: subcutaneous, intradermal and intramuscular and accurate completion of pertinent paperwork
- Point of care testing: strep, biometric screening, mono, glucose, influenza, Urine pregnancy, H. Pylori, Urinalysis
- Dispensing pre‐packaged medications and other treatment modalities
- Sterile technique with trauma patients, instrument cleaning and sterilization
- Assisting in scheduling ancillary appointments for patients
- Assisting providers with exams and testing (pelvic exams, eye irrigations and ear irrigations, I&Ds, Joint injection preparation, and casting/splinting preparation)
- Maintaining confidentiality with all patient information
- Participating in patient call‐backs and follow‐up
- Interact with patients in a positive and helpful manner, provide information and assistance as needed.
- Schedule specialist referrals as needed for patient follow‐up.
- Participate in patient call backs.
- Perform various clerical duties such as photocopying forms, reports and patient information, faxing forms, filing forms/charts.
- Answer telephone calls, record messages for coworkers and deliver messages.
- Maintain various logs of daily activities including patient count and financial transactions in order to prepare monthly tallies of operating activity.
- Gather necessary demographic and insurance information from patient to build a new/updated patient account in the Electronic Medical Record system.
- Collect payments, insurance co‐pays, and prescription charges.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Prefer two years of experience
- Graduate of Medical Assistant program with active Certified Medical Assistant license or Registered MA License
- Urgent Care experience, ED experience, or Primary Care experience preferred
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certified
- Must be able to work 12hr shifts.
ConvenientMD is a full-service, urgent care group offering high‐quality and affordable medical care for a broad scope of illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. No appointment is needed, patients can just walk‐in from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. The company has a friendly staff providing a consumer‐centric experience. ConvenientMD clinics always have an experienced provider on site in state‐of‐the‐art facilities equipped with digital x‐ray, lab, ECG and IV.